Saturday all ready? May 31, 2008
Alright, it’s been over 18 hours and my chemicals have been the same! Yay!!!
Went down to the pond today and discovered that a 8 inch long piece of wood came off the dock on the right side and while I was on the dock there was a crash and a bang, when I turned around to see that two canoes had fallen off the top rack of the little shelf that was built for me. This was how my canoe area was set up.
The two top canoes got blown off the rack and landed in between the three canoes, which is crazy because the second one had to be lifted over the division bar. I went over and flipped them over so if it was to rain it wouldn’t collect water. (Good idea since it is raining right now) and so they were upside down right now. I walked around the pond on a cute little trail that went all the way around, and I was surprised to see a fork in the road that met up on the other side of Promise.
It was just complicated enough for Brownies or whatnot and a quiet easy trail for older girls. It has three bridges, I was a huge fan.
Kotke
I should post a map of camp:
Small Map…
Not drawn to
scale,
Not drawn to scale but pretty much the same set up. I could’ve come up with such better names for units. Sure. Fine. Whatever.
My pH is going to drop more and that somewhat makes me more happy! I would love for it to go down to 7.2 ish.... but that’s asking too much. Oh I was supposed to tell you about the weather, I have been officially sanctioned to look at the weather every day, so I thought I would get in the habit and comes to find out that the National Weather Service has issued a severe weather warning for like every county in the state (we are in Charles County FYI), uhh good to know right? Well I forwarded it to Goof and then 20 minutes later I got one for a Tornado warning, Holy freaking sweet!! Forwarded it to goof and I went in search of Cheetah, just in case we had to move into the tornado shelter in the dining hall we would be together. We walked back to the office, in retrospect I guess it wasn’t a good idea because of the lightning going all over. . . . whatever, the rain was amazing and it was up and down and the trees were swaying in the wind, talk about crazy because they look like toothpicks. That lasted like an hour or so and there was some hail ( like five pieces) and thunder/lightning all over the place… exciting….
I went to check my chemicals after the storm ended and supposedly fresh water is supposed to drop the pH… yeah right it was still at 7.6 and .75 and so my chlorine is going back down…jerk!!! There is mud everywhere and its I’m not much of a fan of it… makes things slippery.
I now am living in
We’ll find out as it happens. I’ve been working on pre camp junk and I’m pretty content with what I have now. I still need to work on Clean Communication and Gossiping, Super Nanny: Behavioral problems, rainy day activities… each with another person. I did do the ones coming to the pool/waterfront, but I did that like three months ago. I really need to shave my legs, just fyi… I also need to vacuum the damn pool, I’ve been holding off…but the wind blew a ton of small leaves and large leaves into it, also need to scrub the beach with the brush, dirt collects very VERY easily. Oh Pool. Yeah the fountain that should’ve been like 5 feet… yeah its lucky to get a foot out of it, so not really a good idea and I can’t complain because I didn’t pay for it.
Hum. I don’t have much to write today because we didn’t really do much. I want to go find my PFD’s but again no one has keys for anything, nothing at all.

1 comment:
drr de drr de drr
Post a Comment