Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sunday, Sunday

Sunday, Sunday May 25th

Alrighty, it’s the first Sunday at camp and I just painted the first Buddy Board for the 3rd time and the other two for the 2nd time and finally they are coming along, soon I will be at least able to decorate the first on and add a third layer on to TWO and Three. I have been thinking of names for my water crafts and its coming along, good thing with the ponies a lot of them had their names with them. I have 9 canoes and 9 kayaks I need to name…. names include: zipper, thor, and that seems to be it right now. My pool is having some mental problems where the pH would be like 8.0 (that’s what it was last night when I checked it) and there would be no chlorine in the pool. I’ve been running it on full blast until I get it up to two. In theory I’m supposed to add some kind of acid in order to get the ph down, but as you can guess I don’t have any. I added some chlorine sticks into the feeder so maybe that will even out.

It seems like we accomplish stuff and then there is more and more to do. Like getting the office ready, honestly took us like three days and I can proudly say that it’s coming a long fantastically. Door knobs, honestly why do we need to put them on the outside? Maryland is weird like that. Uhhh we haven’t done trail markers yet and we still have to build the shelving unit for the walk in fridge and freezer, which I hear is going to be a major bitch. Buddy boards as I have mentioned are coming along swimmingly.

So I’ve been gone for maybe three hours and I’ve almost finished the one completely and started the second one, I am currently waiting for the paint to dry. So I didn’t know what to do, I’m not the creative child, we all know that. So I ended up doing a model of the pool, it doesn’t look so bad, just uhhh cartoonish. I need better brushes to place the unit names on them. The second one is ‘under the sea’ and thus painting the board blue is what happened. J its going to have sea weed and fish and a seahorse named Chico maybe a treasure chest and bubbles… I can handle that if I had decent brushes, I hate those foam ones because they tear and they work like Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, they work until they break and then you’re screwed because mom wants the bathroom cleaned and there is no more erasers=Hell.

I’m glad that I got all my stuff done pre coming to camp, its one less thing to do before staff comes. Well Tuesday, because council is coming and inspections on Wednesday, at which I watch them take care of the pool and see if it passes, I do need to check on where my other backboard is and all my tubes… because currently I only have one or two respectively.

Oh and comes to find out what the real use for a butter knife is……for butter. Not tomatos and not for onions. Yeah… good experience, good experience.

Lets see….. Ma de tacos for dinner, it was yummy for how cheap it was. Ran around camp for two hours putting stuff where they need to be, i.e. Dining Hall (cafrits) to Laurel (A&C) or Office to Laurel or Office to Promise… yada yada yada, you get it. I’m supposed to be working on my precamp junk but meh… I feel the need to blog or what not.

I’ve been listening to music all day and that makes me super happy!!! Comes to find out that I have some good tunes on it that I hadn’t heard before.

Ok, my spewing for the moment…. WHO CARES ABOUT ASHLEE SIMPSON AND PETE WENTZ? I bought the People magazine

No comments: