Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Inspections, Yellow Dye and Chlorine

Inspections, Yellow Dye and Chlorine

June 2, 2008

So I had to wake up to Bob walking to his office, first slamming the door behind him and then hacking up a lung and 7 in the morning first off, and I didn’t have to be to the office until near 8:30 for inspections. I woke up and got dressed, which sucked because moving moves everything right? So I had no idea where anything was. I hiked my way to the office where I ended up waking everyone up when I made breakfast and basically sat around til 9:00 when Denise (Jen’s Boss) came in. We hauled in boxes for her and waited until 9:08 when the pool inspector to come, she looked nice but intimidating nice… and that combination isn’t always the best. Well we stood around waiting for her to write all the paper work and then she opened the filter (good thing I cleaned those out, right?) And she injected this iodine looking stuff into the pool where the filter shot out this yellow dye and it looked like a highlighter exploded in the pool it was that yellow. The lady came over to me and said that I just had to shock it in order for it to go away. So of course I did as I was told, I need to add conditioner to the pool which is like 3 ounces for every 10,000 pounds, or whatever.

Then we went to the Dining Hall and moved things from the rooms to the dining room and set up the salad bar. I officially have a new appreciation for people who have to put shelves in. In general. We had to install the shelves in the warmer which was hell, just because you had to bend at funny angles and fight with them to go in. Everyone sort of left us and we wandered back to the office when Patty came back and she had these huge a’ tables and she handed me the keys to her Durango to move it, I was like are you crazy?

So I started to put them together and was like screw this and walked away.

Started lifeguard training yesterday and I had to do my lectures, Cheetah and Gumbo found things amusing especially when I was going over legal considerations and I use the ‘I have AIDS’ speech and they were rolling on the floor and I was like I use that one all the time and they don’t believe me. Gumbo was like you were like you were uber serious, I was like I tell that all the time, I promise.

We had a meeting to discuss our jobs and so mine is

As the aquatics director, My job includes the following duties:

Attend all admin meetings at night

Rotate on a weekly basis with other admin for rounds and taps

Conduct a daily meeting with the Aquatic Staff

Conduct a daily stamina routine

Conduct an in-service once a week

Directly or appoint someone to record levels at the pool daily

Assist with night medications daily

Working with the CD (GOOF) PM (Cheetah) ULA (Gumbo) on the weekly schedule

Keep all aquatic paperwork up to date and filed

What the heck? My job keeps changing everyday…. The only similarity is the Aquatic Stuff part

No comments: