Friday, June 6, 2008

Home and Back Again, Back again home.

Home and back again, back again home
June 6, 2008


So being the genius that I am, I went home yesterday to Camerons graduation (4 1/2 flight at 8:55, getting in to SLC at 11:40) not going to lie the flight was uber long and I slept most of the way, which is grand!

Nothing exciting happened in the airport, except that we picked up Laura who is on my staff and I had to go through security and go on my flight. When I got to the SLC we went and got my dad and brother and went to Cafe Rio, which I don't understand the huge hype about it (Barbacoa is better, just for those who care) and went home to mom freaking out about what to wear, first of all I live at camp, I DON'T have any clothes at home and so after digging in my closet I ended up with my maternity shirt (I don't know where it came from, but clearly a maternity shirt) and a black shirt underneath that, not looking too shabby for being at camp for nearly 3 weeks.

Drove the Durago to my grandmothers and took her to the E-Center and it was like a maze to get a wheel chair through it, but me being of mad skills accomplished it. The topic of said Graduation was a Mark Twain quote and this girl talked about how to fail greatly, basically fail and fail great... which I found really inspiring for a high school graduation that no one is paying attention too. . .

Ended up leaving after Cameron crossed the stage, me and grandma couldn't sit still much longer so I ended up taking her to Sonic where I got an Ocean Water, it wasn't as fabulous as it was made out to be, but I wont complain. The ice cream was rather tasteless.... I took grandma home and went home where I was in photo's for the xmas card and what not. From there I took a nap, oh yeah....I didn't get to watch any X-files :( . . . it was on my list of to-do junk but it didn't happen. From there went to work

aww work.. I wasn't even in the building for five minutes and I got tackled into the pool... I hadn't even changed yet. Whatever, might as well get wet.

Mark missed me the most, my elbow will prove it. ok that sounded bad... SHUT UP MARK!! but I slammed my elbow when he tackled me into the pool...2 times... I had to tell the story of the night before when we got 'evacuated' because of the tornado that was spotted by camp Coles Trip about an hour away from here and we were in the basement for over an hour waiting it out, it was really cool...but a ton of water everywhere and we know how I feel about that.

Finally got to bed about 2:45 and had to wake up at 7:30 for a shower and head to the airport. I love standing in line behind someone who has never gone through Security before... because they HOLD everything up and you have to hold their hand (those metal detectors read your mind, I'm sure of it) and I slept on the way to Denver (oh I bought 'Escape' by Carolyn Jessop, ex polygamist) and waited in Denver for awhile then flew to Baltimore where this guy was practically sitting on me the whole 2 hours and 47 minutes (The pilots were impressed enough to announce that while parading around like clowns) and ended up waiting like 2 hours for Gumbo, no worries I had a book to read.

Got back to camp where there was like a million new people! Holy Geez it was crazy and they were pointing and whose who and I think I only got half of it.... I will try better tomorrow... It was dark at they out number me...

Oh bottom of the pool, not impressed much!! it was gross! Leaves and dirt all over the place and I put Kirby in and hopefully he'll do his job and clean it out. CROSS FINGERS! but it won't get the deep end and from the dark I couldn't tell how bad that was. But good news ph 7.6 and cl 1.5 it held its self without me!!

I think they were playing in there because boxes where moved and so was the filter.... I'm going to be pissed if someone did, cross fingers right there.... and here I am now, waiting for History.

I have to go..
Adieu

No comments: